Tuesday 22 June 2010

Saf Treat!

For my birthday I decided to push the boat out a little and sample the raw, vegan culinary delights that's housed within Wholefoods in London's Kensington.

Just to confirm I've survived and the sister, SAF is a bit hit and miss. For a start not all food is raw.

With a little help from the lovely US-raised waitress I chose the starter, vegetable maki and the main, raw pad thai; both dishes was delightful and even more delicious then the actual cooked dishes!

The raw cheese plate(never been a big fan of cheese) was okay thanks to the flax??? crackers. I guess you would have to appreciate dairy cheese to appreciate this.

The raw berry cheesecake was as expected very rich and would satisfy a sweet palate. Nice and pleasant enough, but I've made a nicer raw cheesecake!

So if you are in the area do pop in for a healthy bite(But be warned it's not cheap)!

Recommendations:

* Raw Pad Thai
*Vegetable Maki
*Sea vegetable Salad with beetroot(created this dish before with avocado:)
* Cocktail / Juices / Non-alcoholic coctails

No comments:

Post a Comment