Things are getting a little heavy in the blogosphere recently, I think one will take a breather!Ingredients:
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp of mixed spice (ground cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice)
2 1/2 cups spelt flour
2 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of baking soda
1 carrot grated
1 zucchini grated
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 Tbs of sunflower seeds
2 Tbs of pumpkin seeds
( or any other nuts or seeds of your choice: poppy seeds, sesame seeds, almond slivers, brazil nuts chopped etc)
1/4 cup of oil olive oil
1. Boil water and add sugar and spice. Stir till dissolved then set aside to cool.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together into a mixing bowl.
3. Grate carrot and zucchini into a separate bowl from the dry mix. Whisk in silken tofu to the grated vegetables. Then gradually combine the sugar water to this wet mix.
4. Put a well in the middle of the flour mix and add the wet mix. Combine well. I used a standing cake mixer which combined it really well, but is not necessary. You can just use a whisk and mixing bowl.
5. Now to combine the oil to the mixture.
6. Finally add your nuts and seeds. Mix then scoop into tins. My muffin tins were not non-stick so I just used paper liners
7. Put in oven for 40 Mins on 160C.